Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hurra, unser Baby ist da (Part 1)

14 August 2014
14:46
3370g
53cm
Henrieke Nani Weber, our beautiful baby girl was out in a matter of 3 1/2 hours.
Prounounced as Hen-ri-ka...nicknamed as Henrie or Rieki.

3 days to go and we will survive the first month with flying colors. Flying colors I say, because the first 2 weeks, Kathrin and I managed to get into a new schedule with her baby sister while Papa worked. (Adrenaline at its finest ). Of course, Papa did great with cleaning the house and is responsible for buying groceries. I love my husband for that. 

Henrie is sleeping right now at Kathrin's room, while Kathrin listens to her Audio book and sitting beside Henrie I am writing this blog. A luxury of time and time management, I must say. I am no wonder woman, believe me, I have been trying the whole day to sew something for Kathrin, no chance at all and I have been wanting to write, well I need to hurry up.

The third week was quite challenging, because Kathrin is at school for a 1st grader school dry-run as preparation for her big school day on the 15th of September and there are tons of things to do. Although Henrie sleeps quite a lot, which helps me, I have to finish the chores, namely the laundry, the dishes, sterilize the bottles, tidy of the mess, plus pump extra milk for her, eat breakfast, or brunch or lunch in between and take a shower when it permits, by 14H, pick up Kathrin and in between these chores, I have to change Henrie's diapers, feed her, put her to sleep, sing a lullaby and somehow loose my sanity in between and forget the sense of time, my social life is with my kids and I now asking myself, is this worth giving up the freedom that I had with Kathrin? 

YES! Being a mom 2nd time around is a wonderful thing! (Yawn) 

When my husband and I decided to have a second baby, I did asked myself more than a hundred times, if I am ready to give up my life again and start the whole program all over again--meaning sleepless nights, eyebags, 6-8 hours of sleep ( I sleep an average of 10-11 hours ), get peed, get pooped, get pucked, limit our vacations ( which means go local again) and all other perks of being a parent second time around?

Yes I was willing to do it again. I was ready for it. 

Let's backtrack things first, I remember telling Michael, when we had Kathrin, I firmly told him, one is enough. Because I or we have to do everything here all by myself/ourselves, there are no helpers, no relatives to help me/us. Somehow we survived and things went smoothly most especially when Kathrin entered Kindergarten. Vacations were lovely. What made me decide to have another child again was Kathrin. 

First, so she won't be alone. 
Second, we wanted her to experience having a sister or a brother, since Michael and I have siblings. I have 5 and Michael has 1. 
Third, we wanted her to have someone she can confide her personal problems without judging her. Fourth, Kathrin's character suits well for a big sister. 
And lastly, she fervently prayed for it for 2 years. 

To tell you honestly, I wanted to be egoistic and enjoy that kind of freedom.  I was hesitant about the idea of having a second child ( please don't get me wrong, if you are a mom of one, who decides to stick to one child, I don't blame you at all. I know and I am not saying you are egostic), but Kathrin asked me when she was four years old, why can't she have a sibling just like her friends in Kindergarten, I told her, are her bestfriends not enough. 

Her answer made me speechless and I will never forget her answer. "Mama, what if you and Papa die, then I will be alone, Oma ( grandmother ) is old. I don't want to be alone." I cannot argue anymore. Such wisdom from a 4-year old is non-debattable. A slap on my face. Colder than the ice bucket challenge. True enough now that Henrie is out, I fell in love with her. My joy as a mother cannot be described with words. Pure Emotions.  My love multiplies for my daughters. There are lots of chores to do, less sleep but we are so happy. Kathrin could never be happier. Simply overflowing happiness.♡♥♡

I am happy and so glad that I have chosen Henrie/Rieki over freedom. I am grateful, that despite the fact that I love to sleep and couldn't get an eight-hour straight sleep, I decided for her. My daughters complete me, Henrie completed me once again. 

*For errors and incoherence pardon me...I am 3-4 hours short of my 11 hour daily sleep. 
This was written 2 days ago. I was able to upload it just now and made some corrections.


No comments:

Post a Comment