Sunday, July 1, 2012

My journey begins

Let me take you back 6 years ago, when I met my husband and decided to live in Germany.

I love hearing love stories, let me share you mine.

I met my husband through the net. Way back in November 2004 my Aunt who lives in Erkelenz ( a town in Rhineland in the western part of Germany ) uploaded my pictures in a dating website. She wanted my younger sister to come to Germany, but she got married. In short, I was her second choice. Little did I know, that she & her husband were screening the men, who clicked my profile. Michael (my husband) happened to click me have no idea that I didn't personally uploaded that profile. And so my uncle decided to exchange emails with him and after having a short of a background check, they decided to hand it down to me and start emailing him. 

I was working as a Marketing Assistant in an electrical company back then and we exchange emails a couple of times at work and being a realistic and all, and with the distance of 9,909 kilometers, he said it won't work. We wished each other to have a good life. After 8 months, he PMed me in YM and said he made a mistake by not giving it a try and said he liked me right from the start. I was already in a relationship then and I wished him a good life. December 2005 we crossed our paths again. I decided to send some newyear greetings to Michael, who was in Brazil. He emailed be back and promised to email me more when he's back in Germany. We did exchange more emails, chats, calls from then on.

Last May 2006 he went to the Philippines and he proposed to marry me. On September 2006 I arrived in Germany bringing with me the love I have for Michael, the love of my family, courage & faith that I will be alright. December 2006 we officially tied the knot and that's where my journey begins.



No comments:

Post a Comment